Today VMware has released vRealize Operations Manager 6.3. vROps will maximize capacity utilization and enable optimum performance and availability of applications and infrastructures across vSphere, Hyper-V, Amazon, and physical hardware. Streamline key IT processes with out-of-the-box and customizable policies, guided remediation and automated standards enforcement. Optimize performance, capacity and compliance while retaining full control of IT operations.
After I get back from VMworld I will be testing all the new features. I’m looking forward to the DRS Dashbords! Until then check out below all the new features.
What’s New in vROps 6.3
vRealize Operations Manager 6.3 is a release update that enhances product stability, performance, and usability.
Enhanced Workload Placement and vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) Integration:
- Recommended Actions on landing page
- Configure DRS from vRealize Operations Manager with Cluster/DRS Dashboard
- Data Collection Notification toolbar
- Perform Actions from Workload Utilization Dashboard
Improved Log Insight Integration:
- Management Pack for Log Insight included in product
- Improved Log Insight and vRealize Operations Manager alerting
Enhanced vSphere Monitoring:
- Support vSphere 6.0 Hardening Guide
- vRealize Operations Manager Compliance for vSphere 6.0 Objects
- vRealize Operations Manager and vCenter Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) Health Dashboards
- New API Programming Guide
- New licensing plan for vRealize Operations Manager Standard and Advanced Editions
- Filtered SNMP Trap Alert Notifications
- Enhanced SuperMetric capabilities
- Reduction in default metrics collected
Source – vROps 6.3 release notes